Current Office News
Announcing New Services at Foothills Dental Centre
At Foothills Dental Centre, we are constantly working to promote a more comfortable, convenient and pleasant experience for our patients in Hinton, AB and the surrounding areas. Patients seeking comprehensive dental care no longer need to travel three hours to the nearest city for treatment; we offer everything you and your family need to achieve optimal oral health and a gorgeous smile under one convenient roof right here in Hinton.
Because our extensive array of services includes everything from general dentistry and orthodontic treatment to complete restoration of damaged and missing teeth, there’s no need to seek out a specialist whose office is prohibitively far away. We’re here to take care of you and your beautiful smile!
New Additions to Our List of Services
For years, Foothills Dental Centre has provided families from throughout Hinton and nearby areas with exceptional dental care, and now we’ve added even more services to our extensive menu. These include:
Dental Implants and Restorations
For patients looking for a way to replace missing teeth in a way that is more permanent and secure than dentures or partials, Dr. Vu and Dr. Madej now offer full dental implant services. While many practices must refer their patients to a specialist for the placement of dental implants, our team performs the entire process right here in our office. We surgically place dental implants and provide custom restorations at Foothills Dental Centre, making our practice your premier destination for all your tooth replacement needs.
In addition, we offer comprehensive orthodontic treatment for children and adults seeking straighter, healthier teeth and a more confident smile. Our orthodontic services include both traditional braces and Invisalign clear aligners, making it easier than ever to develop a treatment plan that works for you. Finally enjoy the more balanced, aesthetically pleasing smile you deserve with orthodontic services from Foothills Dental Centre.
Gum Grafting for Gum Recession
For patients who have experienced gum recession due to periodontal disease, genetic factors, age, or any number of other factors, we offer gingival grafting (also known as a gum graft). This procedure effectively replaces gum tissue that has been lost, thereby better protecting the roots of your teeth, decreasing sensitivity, and balancing the appearance of your smile. The procedure is entirely safe, encouraging your gum tissue to develop naturally once again.
At Foothills Dental Centre, we understand that some patients experience a sense of nervousness or anxiety in the dental chair, and we’re here to help. With the safe, proven method of IV sedation, Dr. Madej and Dr. Vu can help you overcome your fears so that you can receive the treatment you need. As is the case with any of our procedures, we’re always happy to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have; we’ll do everything we can to ensure your complete comfort from the moment you step into our office.
Foothills Dental is the only office in the Yellowhead County to have a Dental 3D CT Scanner
We are a modern office that provides compressive advanced dental care under one roof. Foothills Dental is proud to have invested in the latest technology to deliver the best quality dental care possible and offer many amenities to ensure your total comfort during each visit. We are proud to have invested in a Dental 3D CT Scanner to provide sophisticated 3D imaging for better diagnostic and treatment planning for our valued patients.
Did you know that there are many limitations to 2D imaging such as x-rays? Sometimes cysts, lesions, tumors and deformities can hide behind a tooth and are undetected on a 2D radiograph? These are a few benefits of 3D CT imaging:
- High resolution scans provide precise 3D details for the identification of lesions and vital anatomy
- Explores in 3D for a complete survey of root fractures, infections, tumors and accessory canals resulting in higher success with root canals
- Capture 3D volumetric images for a more thorough analysis of bone structure and density, sinus, nerve location and other vital anatomical structures
- Allows for precise placement of implants and management of bone loss and boney defects
- Improves the safety of patients by allowing dentists to recognize anatomical conditions that would be otherwise undetectable on 2D radiographs
- Determine precise position of impacted teeth within the jawbone, as well as their proximity to adjacent teeth and vital structures such as the nerve, sinus walls and cortical borders of the jaw.
- Detect jaw joint (TMJ) anomalies for the ability to design effective patient treatment. 3D technology allows dentists to zero in on the temporomandibular joints to identify wear, defects, tumors and fractures.
- For patients with suspect airway or sinus issues, 3D data reveals restricted airways and determine appropriate treatments with precise anatomical views and measurements. CT technology traces airways to perform automated calculations and measurements of paranasal sinuses to evaluate treatment options.
- For orthodontic treatment, 3D imaging allows dentists to visualize the exact tooth position and proximity to other important anatomy so they can map the most effective – and least invasive – treatment plan for the best possible alignment.
- Helps in the extraction of impacted teeth, supernumerary “extra” teeth and wisdom teeth by allowing 3D visualization of root angulations and exact location in relation to other teeth, nerve and sinus; which prevents exploratory surgery which can lead to bone and soft tissue defects
Discover the Foothills Dental Centre Difference Today
Contact us today to schedule your appointment with our experienced, skilled doctors and our friendly, caring team. We look forward to serving your every oral healthcare need in a way that suits your unique lifestyle. From our state-of-the-art dental practice in Hinton, AB, we proudly serve patients from throughout the surrounding areas as well, including Grande Cache, Spruce Grove, Edson, Jasper, and the Drayton Valley.